Deciding on which builder you should choose for your project can be difficult, how do you know which one is the best for your project?
Most people have 5 deciding factors that help them with their decision, let’s see how Jeffery & Wilkes compare.
- 1. Price
Many people in the past have made a big mistake when choosing their builder. They have received quotes from a few builders and simply gone for the one that appears to have the lowest sum figure at the bottom of the quotation.
Why has this been a big mistake? Because they did not look at the value for money and what was actually included in that quotation. They ended up being hit with many essential extras throughout the build and paying much more than they would have if they had picked one of the other builders.
Look into your quotes thoroughly and get the best value for your money rather than what appears to be the cheapest quote.
Jeffery & Wilkes may not provide you with the cheapest quote but they will be the best value for money and there are many factors to consider
- They will carry out your project from design to completion all in-house. That means not worrying about dealing with many different companies and tradesmen who blame each other for different bits. Common senarios see builders blame architects for not creating the correct drawings, architects disagree and often the customer is left in the middle and either the architect or the builder want more money, this will need to come from you the client and you don’t even know which one is in the wrong!
- Jeffery & Wilkes will do all the applications on your behalf including party wall agreements, planning permission, building regulations so you can sit back and let the experts take you through each step of the way
- You will have an experienced project manager who will take your project from start to completion. He will give you a schedule of works from the beginning, tell you when it’s time to order essential items and organise all the tradesman so that your job runs smoothly. Sometimes people try and cut costs by getting different tradesmen in to do different parts of the work. This then can cause another blame game situation. The decorators saying the plasterers did not leave the walls ready for them and they want more money, the electrician drills holes where the plasterer and decorator have just finished. Who is paying for the extra money to fix this? The costs come back to you. Jeffery & Wilkes will leave all this to the Project Manager to control so you will just have a weekly meeting with him and check on the progress
- Having one company that does everything means you have one contact and we will come and fix any problems for you. And don’t forget Jeffery & Wilkes offer a unique lifetime guarantee!
- 2. Quality
- Our workers have years of experience working to a high quality level
- Our Project Manager visits weekly to check the quality, if it is not up to the right standard the works will need to be rectified
- We are members of many accredited schemes including Federation of Master Builders, Which Trust-a-trader, FENSA, CHAS so we ensure we adhere to a higher standard
- We offer a lifetime guarantee on our works
- Check out our reviews on Google and Facebook for our previous happy clients
- 3. Guarantee/Trustworthiness
- We offer a unique lifetime guarantee on our work
- We can issue a 10 year Guarantee on our FENSA approved windows
- We are members of Federation of Master Builders, CHAS, Which Trust-a-trader
- We are fully insured for up to a value of £10m
- You will have a contract signed by yourself and Jeffery & Wilkes so you will be protected
- We have experienced teams carrying out the work
- They will be closely monitored by the Project Manager
- We have strong Health and Safety policies in place
- Our electricians & gas safe engineers are fully qualified and we will provide certificates where necessary
- 4. Knowledge
A home extension, loft conversion or refurb is no doubt a big spend and for many people stepping into the unknown. Jeffery & Wilkes will hold your hand through every step of the process. We are unique in that we are experts in the whole process from design to completion which takes away so much stress for the client.
- We will take you through the whole process from design drawings, to planning permission, building regulations, party wall agreements, the build, the beautiful finish to completion sign off and handover
- Our staff are qualified and very experienced in their different areas of expertise
- Your project manager will give you a clear schedule of works with the estimated timescales before the project begins
- You will have a weekly meeting either face to face or if time does not permit on your side over the telephone/ Skype with your project manager who will give you a complete update on your project
- Jeffery & Wilkes will save you time and arrange all the aspects for you with their knowledge and expertise but we keep the lines of communication open and inform you each week of what is happening on your build
- 5. Inconvenience
- At your pre-start meeting and even from the notes of your consultation Jeffery & Wilkes will start creating a plan to make sure we meet your needs throughout the build and provide you with the least upheaval and inconvenience
- We can arrange all aspects of the project if required, taking away the hassle factor
- We believe communication is key and will endeavour to keep you informed each step of the way from your assigned and very experienced project manager
There are very few companies that can offer the value for money and quality that Jeffery & Wilkes offer. Compare for yourself with the factors above and see how we compare!